I spoke to the students of Dow Medical College, Karachi on Monday, 10 July 2017 about PLAB and training in the UK.
Contents of the Session
I discussed the following during the session:
- Objectives of the session
- FCPS pathway to the UK.
- Training structure in Pakistan.
- The importance of completing internship (House Job) in the home country.
- Whether working abroad is a good idea.
- Training structure in the UK.
- Training opportunities in the UK.
- Pathways for working in the UK.
- The UKMLA.
- Comparison of PLAB with USMLE, MRCP and the UKMLA.
- If it is better to go for MRCP instead of PLAB.
- Roadmap for PLAB.
- Visa homework.
- Which IELTS should be taken.
- How to study for IELTS.
- Study material for IELTS.
- What PLAB 1 is like.
- How to study for PLAB 1.
- Study material for PLAB 1.
- Why PLAB 1 is so easy.
- My PLAB 1 experience.
- Visa for PLAB 2.
- Mistakes which should be avoided for visa applications.
- What PLAB 2 is like.
- How to study for PLAB 2.
- Academies for PLAB 2.
- My PLAB 2 experience.
- Why PLAB 2 is so easy.
- How to get registered with the GMC.
- Finding jobs in the UK.
- Why it is so easy to find jobs in the UK.
- My experience of job hunting in the UK.
- Comparison of the NHS with the NES.
- Total expenditure on PLAB.
- Total expenditure on moving to the UK.
- Pay scales in the UK.
- Working hours in the UK.
- Taxation in the UK.
- Why the UK being a welfare state matters.
- Zarafshan Zubair
- Urooj Bhatti
- Maryam Rashid
- Muhammad Hassan Shahab
- Ariba Wajahat Alkasiri
New Lecture Hall – 1 at Dow Medical College.
10 July 2017.
09:30 to 11:30.
Facebook Event Page
You can visit the Facebook event page here.