Reading Time = 1 minute
I will try to keep this post short. My only attempt for PLAB 1 was in March 2019. I had finished my internship a year ago, in March 2018.
- My score: 138/180 (76.66%)
- Passing score: 120 (66.66%).
91 days; during a career break.
Where to Start?
Start with Dr. Naseer’s blog, it is a must and basic guiding voice for this journey, at least for me it was.
- Start with 1700 by Dr Khalid. I went through them twice and then one final time three weeks before the exam.
- Patient.co.uk was my reference for each topic. Also, read the entire topic instead of just questions. You will realize in time which part is most important in which topic (symptoms/investigation/management/complication etc.).
- A few mocks (I went through only three) to learn time management. This is important as the exam has 180 questions to be finished in 180 minutes.
- Make your own notes if necessary. Not absolutely needed, it’s your choice.
- Make flashcards. Keep them with you at all times.
- Keep reading people’s experiences. They are gems. This PLAB community is very helpful; people are very nice; they always help; they always reply. (Thanks to Dr Naseer)
- Know that the exam is on paper, not screen.
- Revise 10 times.
That is all I did. Improvise these steps and embark on your own journey. Good luck!
Dr. Samriddhi Bansal.