- Oil – 250 ml
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 4 TSP
- Garlic – 4 TSP
- Salt – 2 TSP
- Shan’s Haleem Packs – 2
- Meat – 1 kg
- Rinse the meat under water
- Leave lentils in the water for a few hours (ideally, overnight)
- Blend the lentils using a blender
PROCESS FOR MEAT
- Place the meat in a water containing pot on the stove
- Add 2 TSP each of ginger and garlic
- Boil the meat until it becomes soft
- Take the meat out and shred it into small pieces
PROCESS FOR THE CURRY
- Heat 1.5 cup oil for 2 minutes, until it boils.
- Add onion to it until it becomes brown.
- Add 2 TSP garlic.
- Add 2 TSP ginger.
- Heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Shan’s Masala
- Quickly add water
- When oil separates from the curry, add meat
PROCESS FOR HALEEM
- Add the curry to the lentils
I learnt this recipe from my father who loves to cook and is brilliant at it.