This post concerns the options of giving interviews for non-training posts via Skype.
Arranging a Skype Interview
When the Human Resources team emails you to invite you for an interview, you can email them back and request them for a Skype interview.
Most employers are happy to hold Skype interviews. However, some employers do not agree to hold a Skype interview. In this case, you have to decide if the interview is worth attending in-person.
Skype Interview Experience
In short, this experience is no different from an in-person interview experience. Therefore, it is best that you dress formally, just as you would for an in-person interview. The Human Resources team will contact you at the specified time. Sometimes they can be late. Be patient in that case. If they don’t contact you after 15 minutes, drop them a message or a call.
Skype vs In-Person
Pros of Skype Interviews
- It is more convenient
- It requires no traveling; you can save money.
- You can give more than one interview on the same day.
- You can give interviews from your home country.
Pros of In-Person Interviews
- It makes a better impression.
- It shows your dedication and seriousness.
- It gives you an idea of the hospital.
- It gives you an idea of the city.
Choosing between a Skype or an In-Person interview is your own decision. I preferred Skype interviews. However, Dr. Omar Alam preferred in-person interviews.