Please go to the official Visa for UK site and Apply from there.
You will find the following page:
1. New Service
This is the exactly same application as the other one but has a user-friendly interface. So it is easier to fill. You will have to fill the application, sign a declaration and pay the fee to confirm.
You can select the new service by clicking on apply using the Access UK service.
2. Old Service
This is the conventional method of visa application. So you will make an account, sign in and start a new application. Choose visa type as mentioned below.
You can select the new service by clicking on Create an account on Visa4UK to apply for the first time.
For PLAB visa select the following:
Reason for Visit: VISIT
Type of Visa: Business
Sub-type of Visa: Clinical attachment, PLAB, OSCE etc.
The Difference Between the Two Services
There is no effect on the decision of visa. I personally think that making application by creating an account is more convenient as you can move to the next section of the application even if you have not filled the first ones. The new application does not let you move ahead until you fill it completely. Also, while making application by making an account you can choose PLAB specific category of visa.
Checklist of Document for Visa
Must Add These
1. Passport (All in your possession).
2. Two recent photographs – 35mm x 45mm, with a white background (none glossy paper).
3. Printed and filled application.
4 A. In the case of no financial sponsor:
- Your bank statements of the last 6 months.
- Salary slips of the last 6 months.
4 B. In the case of financial sponsor:
- Sponsor’s bank statement for the last 6 months
- Affidavit of sponsorship
- Salary slips
5. Accommodation proof:
A. If no friend or relative in the UK:
- Show a hotel booking
B. If there is a friend or relative in the UK:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residence permit
- Driving license or utility bill
- A bank statement is optional; if he is not your financial sponsor then no need for one.
- Letter of support
6. PLAB 1 result email.
7. PLAB 2 booking.
8. IELTS certificate
9. Links in home country (Any of the following):
- Job letter.
- Property papers (owned by the applicant).
- Postgrad exam results in your country or booking of an exam to be taken after PLAB.
- Family (spouse & children).
- Business (owned or shared by the applicant).
10. Cover letter explaining all but short and precise.
What You May Add
- Parent’s passports.
- Your National ID card.
- MBBS and Internship certificate.
- Airline ticket booking.
Recommended NOT to Attach
- Very old bank statements.
- Multiple bank accounts.
- Previous education certificates.
- Credit Card.
- The birth certificate has no role for adults. National ID Card is sufficient.
Please do not provide any original document EXCEPT the following (only for Pakistan)
- NOC/leave or employers letter made for visa purpose only.
All other documents should be photocopies preferably coloured and only one set. No need of attestation for any document except Affidavit.
(You may use any type of VISA for sitting PLAB exam if it is valid at the time of test).
- It is advisable to keep the application as simple as possible as every application has an approximate time of 15 to 30 mins for assessment so please make it understandable for the officers.
- Please do not try to give multiple accounts in an attempt to show your stability. Make it one, yours or sponsor’s but with clear financials.
- There is no need to attest any document except translations.
- It takes 3 weeks’ time on average for regular visa applications to be approved, disapproval is usually quicker.
- Priority visa is decided over a week (this is for applicants from Pakistan; others please refer to average decision time on UK visa website).
- For those taking a test as couples, it is advisable to apply separately showing your case as individuals.
- A cover letter is an extremely important part, it speaks for you. Write in very good English, very precise, clear and to the point. Half of your job is done if the letter represents you well.If you have an extensive and
- If you have an extensive and well-settled family in the UK, I would advise not to show it. It doesn’t go in one’s favor at least for visit visa. A far relative or a friend works much better.
- If you are going to show a sponsor for your trip, it is better to just show the sponsor’s account, do not transfer money to your account and explain it as a gift. It just complicates things and is not a requirement.
- No need of T.B certificate or Police clearance for a visitor visa.
Dr. Reema Rasul.