GPST Stage 1 or Longlisting is the first of three steps for entering GP training.
What is Stage 1?
Stage 1 is not an exam itself. Stage 1 only refers to the submission of your online application via Oriel.
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC and hold a current licence to practise by the time the training starts.
- 24 months of clinical experience by the time the training starts.
- Foundation competences via the Foundation programme or using the Alternative certificate.
- Hold a current and in date valid driving licence or provides an undertaking to provide alternative means of transport when providing emergency and domiciliary care to fulfil the requirements of the whole training programme.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Certificate from the Resuscitation Council UK or equivalent by the time the training starts.
How to Apply for Stage 1?
- Make a profile at Oriel.
- Go to Applications.
- Under Search – My Applications, search for General Practice.
- Select General Practice (ST1).
- Fill the application.
- Attach relevant documents.
- Submit the application.
- Guidance for Stage 2
- Guidance for Stage 3
- How Dr. Sadaf Malik entered GP Training
- Dr. Fozia Choudhary’s Experience as a UK GP
- My GP Taster Week
- GP Recruitment website
- GPST1 Applicant Guidance
- Person Specifications: GPST1
- Emedica’s link for GP recruitment process