NICOP is National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis. When you travel to the UK for your first job on your Tier 2 (General) migrant visa, you might need your NICOP or a slip (notifying that you have paid for your NICOP but it has not been issued yet).
Procedure for Issuance of New NICOP
Reach your local NADRA office early in the morning along with the documents mentioned below. Make sure that they process NICOP applications.
- Original passport.
- Original National Identity Card.
- Parents’ original National Identity Cards.
- Copies of all the above.
You will also need your father or your mother to be with you when you visit NADRA office. In the case of parents not being alive, siblings can be there.
Go to the information desk and confirm the fee and the processing time for different applications.
This is what I was told by them:
- PKR 8,700
- 25 days
- PKR 10,500
- 12 days
Go to the relevant counter and take a token and wait for your turn.
ID Check and Payment
You’ll be called to a small cubicle where the following will happen:
- Your personal details will be confirmed.
- Your fingerprint scans will be taken.
- Your picture will be taken.
- You will pay the fee for your NICOP.
You’ll again have to wait until your name is called again.
Once your name is called, you’ll go to the relevant counter where the following will happen:
- You will submit your documents.
- You will be given a slip for your NICOP.
- You will be informed of your NICOP collection date.
You can visit the Government of Pakistan’s official website for National ID cards by clicking here.