(This visa experience is important because the applicant’s visa was issued for less than six months and even though, it was covering his exam date, his visa was reissued for six months later. For complete guidance on how to get your visa dates corrected, kindly check Dr. Reema Rasul’s guidance here).
I applied for PLAB 2 visa from KSA, Riyadh. I was fully sponsored by my father since I was unemployed. I mentioned a 6-day stay to match my finances and even though I was initially issued a 6-week visa, eventually I was granted a 6-month multiple entry visit visa.
Documents Attached to Support My Application
- A cover letter explaining my documents and why my father is sponsoring me.
- A photocopy of the following documents
- Residence permit in KSA
- My current passport
- My exit reentry visa
- My MBBS
- Internship certificate
- IELTS TRF
- PLAB 1 result (From GMC online)
- PLAB 2 booking confirmation (The email sent by GMC)
- Provisional airline booking
- Accommodation booking (Through booking.com)
- Father residence permit
- Father employment letter (confirming his salary and position)
- Father bank statement for the last 6 months
- Father current passport
- A letter signed by my father stating that I’m his biological son and that he will fully bear the expenses of my trip and that he has X RAS for my exclusive use during my trip.
- A letter signed by my father stating that my exit reentry visa will expire in few months and that it’s totally unnecessary for me to stay beyond my exam date.
Correction of Visa Dates
Firstly, they issued me a 6-week visa which covered my exam date but not the academy dates. I then went to the visa application centre (VFS, Riyadh) and asked for the supervisor who immediately contacted the British high commission and asked for passport resubmission. They did not charge me any fees. It took 9 days for them to correct my visa dates.