Stage 2 or Multi-Specialty Recruitment Assessment is the second of three steps for entering GP training. This article covers the exam day experience of Stage 2. You can read more about the overview of the application process here.
When to Reach
You must reach 15 minutes before time to complete the necessary check-in procedures. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may be refused entry.
What to Bring With You
- An original, valid, government-issued ID that includes your name, photograph, and signature. For example, driving licence. To view the full ID policy, including any additional allowances to this policy, please visit this link.
What Happens on Arrival
The ID document will be checked and you will be given a locker to keep your belongings.
It is a computer-based exam. Both professional dilemma questions and clinical problem solving questions will be independently timed. On completing the Professional Dilemmas part, the Clinical Problem Solving part will begin automatically after 2 minutes.
- Stage 2 Pattern
- Studying for Stage 2
- Comparison of Stage 2 Question Banks
- My Stage 2 Experience
- How Dr. Sadaf Malik entered GP Training
- Dr. Fozia Choudhary’s Experience as a UK GP
- My GP Taster Week
- GP Recruitment website
- MSRA Test Blueprint & Information
- GPNRO Resource Bank
- MRSA Guidance for Applicants
- GPST1 Applicant Guidance
- Person Specifications: GPST1
- Emedica’s link for GP recruitment process